changing a thermostat on element

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, wonder if you can help me please. i have a tank in my van that i use for oven cleaning. it has a heater element in the bottom and i am changing the thermostat. basically the one i took out has 2 wires going into the thermostat from the trip switch box in the van (which then plugs into mains),

one wire goes from the element to the thermostat (white wire), an earth wire goes from the trip unit to the other side of the element, and then a live from trip unit goes into the therostat also, i can clearly see on the old one where the wires go (as it is marked L for live) but on the new thermostat i have a S and a D. im not sure which one the live goes into or the white wire from the element.

hope that makes sense lol! any help would be really appreciated.

Sponsored Links
ady347 said:
does it matter which way round they go?
No, but if you cut the wrong wire first you'll trigger the booby trap and the bomb will go off.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back