Changing a towel radiator on a megaflo system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I’m planning on replacing a towel radiator (like for like size) and had a few questions I’m hoping someone could help me out with.

I plan to isolate the rad at the valves at the base of the rad, drain it into a bucket (using the bleed valve to release all the water), install and connect the new rad and turn the water back on (closing then bleed valve when water starts to come out the top). Is that correct? Do I need to worry about the central heating pressure or do anything with the megaflo tank?

It seems simple but I don’t want to make a mistake which then leads to a problem. I’ve made sure the new radiator has the same pipe centre measurement.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Matt

Sponsored Links
If your heating system is sealed (usual these days, clue is a pressure gauge on or near the boiler reading 1.5 bar or so) then you'll need to repressurise the system (to make up for the radiators' worth of water you drain off).
You don't have to shut the boiler down, just use the controls to switch heating and hot water off.
Be prepared for the water in the radiator to be filthy.

Thanks for your help, I’m sure it is a sealed system. My main issue is I have no idea how to repressurise the system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back