Changing above ground gas main to underground

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for some advice please,

My gas meter is mounted on the front of my property and the feed to the boiler runs from it in copper clipped externally to the brickwork and then goes in through the wall to the boiler.

I want to build a porch on the front of the property and I know a live gas pipe can't run under the floor of the porch so I was hoping to change the pipe to mdpe and bury it under the driveway, go around the porch and then come back up where it goes through the wall and change back to copper again?

Can any of you gas safe people let me know if this is do-able or if I need to move the meter?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Call your local gas transporter for advice. They'll be able to tell you what needs doing, and how many hundreds of pounds they're going to charge you to do it

If the meter is outside now and will end up indoors then the gas transported will need to move it. You'll then need a gas Safe to use metal pipework to connect back up to the existing boiler etc.

Sponsored Links
Why do you think a live gas internal pipe cannot run in a concrete floor ?

oh , and were does he or i mention service pipe in concrete floor

oh , and were does he or i mention service pipe in concrete floor
Oh sorry thought you were responding to my post directly above
I agree it's not completely clear hence I caveated it with "if the meter will end up indoors"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back