Changing aPIR on a burgu;lar alram system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My alarm pad was showing the hall as the culprit for my alarm going off.
I purcahsed a honeywell with 8 terminals. Do I miss out the first and fifth terminal from the left as the original only had 6 teminals?Also the original fitter used filler to secure the PIR as he had made a large hole behind, which I had to fill. My alarm went off as I was waiting for the filler to dry (with no PIR wired up in the hall) was this why my alarm went off and I could not turn it off for quite some time? OR am I doing something wrong?

Any other tips would be most welcome.

Sponsored Links
What type of honeywell detector, there are a few?

What type of wireing method is your system employing - EOL or Double pole?

Do NOT use anything wet to seal cable entry holes in the back, blue-tack is more acceptable.

What type of honeywell detector, there are a few?

What type of wireing method is your system employing - EOL or Double pole?

Do NOT use anything wet to seal cable entry holes in the back, blue-tack is more acceptable.

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY
The Honeywell detector is a Activ8 PIR Single Channel Quad Element PIR.

Not sure of wiring system, how would I check?

Sponsored Links
Have a look in one of the other PIRs what colours are used and post them here. Would have been wise to make a note before you took it down!

As for the alarm going off, it's possible that the power wires accidentally shorted together, blowing the fuse and causing the bell to sound from its own battery. Are the existing PIRs lighting up still?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back