Changing bath taps that go direct to plastic hepworth

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am replacing my bath taps with a thermostatic mixer tap/shower and the current pipework is plastic hepworth.

With reference to the pic attached .. once i remove the hot tap (shown) via the brass nut is it just a simple job of reconnecting the new tap and tightening the nut or will i need to replace the insert (not sure if these wear or get damaged sometimes during removal) or anything else i need to be aware of.

Or should i use a "hep2o 22mm x 3/4" bsp female connector white"
Product code P027301

http://www.plumbase.com/tprod159381/section2503/HEP2O-22MMX34-FI-CONNECTOR-WH-HX2822.html

Aslo can someone clarify if i need a special tool to remove the plastic 22mm to 15mm reducer. I think i have the old type of hepworth fitting but am not sure how they come apart.

Thanks for any help /advice in advance

99000_98311_62467_89402964_thumb.jpg
[/img]

Sponsored Links
I would change the Hep for copper and be safe and sound with a good job at the end of it ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back