Fitting a Bath Tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a loose hot water tap on my bath, the hole tap turns when you operate the tap. It has a plastic back nut, i intend to remove tap and replace back nut with a brass one, the bath is fibreglass what are the best type of washers to use to stop it turning. i thought rubber on top and maybe nylon or top hat type on bottom above lock nut, any tips appreciated guys!

Sponsored Links
As the rubber washers tend to squeeze out, I'd go for thin plastic washers top and bottom and a squidge of silicone too.
John :)

As the rubber wasse what helphers tend to squeeze out, I'd go for thin plastic washers top and bottom and a squidge of silicone too.

Thanks for reply but i think i would rather have rubber washer on top it should not squeeze out if it is kept dry and not twisted when tightening up, cant see what use silicone would have in that situation tbh.

Your choice of course.
A smear of silicone may stop any water ingress from the tap to the bath and below, and as it sets gives a tight seal.
The brass back nut is the most important addition here.

Sponsored Links
Your choice of course.
A smear of silicone may stop any water ingress from the tap to the bath and below, and as it sets gives a tight seal.
The brass back nut is the most important addition here.

Thanks for your tips John much appreciated :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back