changing cooker for an induction hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
wife wants to change the electric cooker for a gas one. and replace the gas hob with an induction hob.
will the existing cable be ok.
it is run in 6mm over about 10 metres, most of that runs from the cu
(32a mcb) under the floor and is clipped to the beams then runs up the wall,
buried in the plaster to the existing cooker switch.
the hob we have been looking at states connection rating 6000w
and to use a 32a fuse.
is the 6mm cable ok or does it need to go up to 10mm.
thanks

Sponsored Links
As said yes no problem.

I got an induction hob and my mother got an induction hob and my mothers was not as easy to use as mine. Simple reason hers had no knobs.

We all look at the clean design of the touch control and it looks great. But to use it's a PITA.

One of the big pluses with induction is instant on and off. No waiting for hob to warm up or cool down. So when the milk is about to boil over no need to lift the pan off the hob just simply switch it off. But that only works if you have a good human machine interface and the simple knob is ideal quick turn and hob is off. But the touch control first you select hob then each touch reduces heat by one so from full on to off ten touches with finger which is just too slow so milk has boiled over.

The other again with human machine interface (HMI) is seeing what you are doing. I can see the dot on the knob and also see the LED display but sit on a chair in my mothers case a wheel chair the dot on the knob is still visible but the LED display has vanished.

Add to that the problem with a spill on a touch control until wiped up controls are useless. With the antiquated halogen hob touch controls were great as easy clean but with induction nothing bakes on anyway so just not required.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back