Changing fuse board?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Just after a bit of advice, I want to change my fuse board for something more modern. At the moment my fuse board has fuse wires in it x 6. I live in the North East, what would be a fair price? Are there new regulations now? Pardon my naivety.

Thanks.

please note forum rule 9

Sponsored Links
Also remember a Periodic Inspection Report is required after a distribution board upgrade, this will cost anything between £100 and £150 depending on the company you get in :D

Doesn't a new consumer unit require an Electrical Installation Certificate?

Sponsored Links
Spark123 said:
Doesn't a new consumer unit require an Electrical Installation Certificate?

Yep, and it should be included in the price of the mains change.

A PIR is not required afterwards.

Also, regs say that before any electrical work is attempted, earthing & bonding arrangements should be brought up to standard.

In fact a PIR is required before changing the fuseboard. This will highlight any serious issues that MUST be sorted out.
Then change the fuseboard and this will generate an Installation Certificate for the new consumer unit and any other new work.

TTC

The gospel according to NAPIT sayeth full PIR. But if you are just COR then maybe less will be OK.
I am NAPIT spark & if they check a CU change on my annual assessment they will want to see PIR & EIC.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back