changing grunfos circulating pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My grunfos 25 50 central heating pump has stopped working went to replace it but the pump valves are stuck and cant be moved and i was just wondering can i just replace the head of the pump, just seems like a handy way around my problem is this ok to do so?

Sponsored Links
Sure you can, but you will need to close the valves to do so. Or you could do a part drain off and change the valves whilst your there.

;)

If you decide to part drain down why not change the valves at the same time.Use gate valves and avoid ball type valves.Sorry.....already been suggested.

Use gate valves and avoid ball type valves.

Use some decent quality Pegler ball valves. Avoid gate valves, they were what were used before ball valves were invented, about 45 years ago. They usually won't shut off and start dripping from the stem seals if you make the common mistake of using them.

Sponsored Links
Use gate valves and avoid ball type valves.

Use some decent quality Pegler ball valves. Avoid gate valves, they were what were used before ball valves were invented, about 45 years ago. They usually won't shut off and start dripping from the stem seals if you make the common mistake of using them.
Very funny remark about 45 yr old gate valves.Withot exception old ball type pump valves leak as soon as you touch them with a screwdriver or use an allen key.Gate type pump valves are simpler in design and apart from the odd one leaking from the stem (which can easily be fixed by tightening the gland nut) I have never had one not shut off enough to to not allow me to change a pump.Must be something you are doing wrong,and yes I've changed more pumps than you could imagine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back