Grunfos pump replacement

yep its 130mm, checked between the cut off valves ( that dont work :rolleyes: ) and its 13cm.
Just out of curiosity can you find out how old the pump is? the only numbers i can find is on the kite mark which says 1971 but the house was built in 1986.

Sponsored Links
yep its 130mm, checked between the cut off valves ( that dont work :rolleyes: ) and its 13cm.
Just out of curiosity can you find out how old the pump is? the only numbers i can find is on the kite mark which says 1971 but the house was built in 1986.
There should be a PC number on the data plate. That's the year and week of manufacture.

all i could find was U611 :confused:
While we are still on the subject should i replace the valves aswell, i know that they don't work properly anymore and i expect that it shouldn't be much more than just hack sawing the olives off and installing the new valves and pump.

Sponsored Links
you might be lucky and find that you can slide the olives off by tapping the nut with an adjustable spanner.
If not, you can cut the olives off with a junior hacksaw but don't cut all the way through, go most of the way then insert a small flat screwdriver into the cut and snap the olive off. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back