changing heating pipes under floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right then I'm extending my house and adding 3 more rads to my system(only 3 small rads in airing cupboard, ensuite and toilet). Not long had a new combi valliant fitted(they said its fine for more rads to be fitted). I'v taken all the floor boards up and the pipes(flow and return) from the boiler both come to about the same point and then T off to the front and back of house. The length going to back is 4m then goes into a manifold for 4 rads. The front then goes 2m from the T junction and goes into a manifold for 3 rads. Now I want to add three more to the front so my plan is to change the manifold to a 4 rad one and add two T junctions just before the manifold for the other two. I'v been down a plumb centre but they arent that helpful so I was wondering if someone can say if this sounds ok to do or should I set it up differently?

Sponsored Links
Hi with your radiators coming off of manifolds, if you then tee off as you described you will get problems with balancing, change manifolds to ones you can take all yourr radiators from.

I went in to the pluming place and they only had a manifold with 4 ouputs is it possible to get one with 6 as he said four was it?

Sponsored Links
Get an 2 and join them together, or better still get a 4 and cap the spare for future use

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back