Changing heatmiser wireless receiver

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am trying to replace a broken and now discontinued heatmiser rc1-w with a newer heatmiser from switch.

I had to get a plumber out to diagnose, but he didn’t have the spare parts, so I said I’d wire in the replacement as it was just a case of putting the same wires back in the same place.
68F30267-0FB0-4FAE-8485-8A0157A114F1.jpeg

Problem is, on the new rf switch there are loads more terminals than there were in the rv1-w.
1CCCCEC2-1C5C-482D-A629-35B3161281B1.jpeg

Can anyone advise what goes where so I can avoid calling the plumber out again?

Many thanks in advance.

John

Attachments

• 12018E88-F3B8-4F59-9F38-A330758E7C65.jpeg
    12018E88-F3B8-4F59-9F38-A330758E7C65.jpeg
    196 KB · Views: 292
Sponsored Links
Assuming you're controlling your heating, just connect the wires that go to B1 and B2 in the old model, to COM1 and NO1 in the new model.

Assuming the existing wiring is correct and working properly, you don't need to connect anything to the boiler terminals.
The new model appears to offer an alternative relay to fire the boiler, rather than use the micro switches in zone valve(s)

What sort of boiler do you have, and do you indeed have a pump or any zone valves external to the boiler?

Many thanks for the reply echoes.

This was exactly what I was after. Was just unsure whether to wire into the alternative relay rather than the heating zone.

My boiler is a viessman combi 27kw with a small reserve tank built in.

I do have hot water underfloor heating on a separate zone controlled by a separate wired thermostat. This wireless one is for the radiators upstairs.

I haven’t changed the wiring on the original receiver at all and I’m only controlling the heating from this unit, so I should be good to follow your advice.

Thanks again!

So it should be:

B1 to com1
B2 to no1

Correct?

Thanks again.

John

Sponsored Links
Yep. If you know which wire is the live feed, this preferably and conventionally goes to COM1, and the wire to the valve to NO1, but it doesn't matter electrically in this case - unless OCD keeps you awake at night.

I also have the old model receiver, which suffers from being a bit flimsy which can make the front panel contacts unreliable.
Is yours dead or just not working properly?

Great, thank you.

Only minor ocd here so I should be fine!

Mine receiver stopped working.
It still received a signal from the thermostat (the led would light up when the stat called for heat) but it wasn’t sending a signal on to the boiler. At least this is what the plumber decided. We tested both zones on the rc 1w but neither were working so I ordered the replacement.

Thanks again.

John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back