Changing keypad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys. Hopefully just a quick question. I don't have the engineer code for my alarm and my keypad is getting worn on one number. We don't want to change the code so is it a simple job for me to change the keypad for another ? Or even better could I change it for one with keyfob use ? It's an accenta + keypad and been in for about 10 years.

Many thanks guys.

Sponsored Links
Change keypad (same type led ) , yes .... Anything else ....new panel and keypad + reprogramming

So a straight forward swap is just that. Nice and simple. But I best avoid trying to change for a keyfob type.
Cheers pal.

Sponsored Links
so if I get one that looks exactly the same then it will be simple.
cheers pal. appreciate you taking the time to reply

Or you could take out the old rubber keymat and clean it , rub the carbon blobs on a paper towel until they are dull. Worth a try
Also, take a pencil rubber/eraser and go over the "tracks" on the circuit board where the rubber keymat presses. Clean the rubber as you go. Don't rub too hard - just clean off the old carbon deposits. (I drag the keymat's "carbon blobs" across a piece of cardboard...).

This is a really good trick and works for lots of different keypads. I use it a lot. I extended the life of my Sky TV remote by 3 years doing this!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back