Replacing veritas keypad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my neighbours veritas r8 keypad is defective. Ond if the buttons no longer works. Just do happens its one of the access code buttons!

I have the code but how do I change the keypad without the alarm activating?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you now the code simply down power the alarm and replace the keypad.
Depends on how old the existing keypad is,you may need to replace the whole keypad including the back plate or you could just get away with replacing the front section of the keypad.
Power system back up and enter code and press reset.

If you now the code simply down power the alarm and replace the keypad.
Depends on how old the existing keypad is,you may need to replace the whole keypad including the back plate or you could just get away with replacing the front section of the keypad.
Power system back up and enter code and press reset.

Will the bell box not sound?

Sponsored Links
buttons and membrane search for dca-0015 if buttons defective, available on ebay

Alarm will only sound IF SET !.....or if down-powered / bell cable cut / bell fuse blown ( if wired correctly and stab unit healthy) ....are you going to do any of the following ?

sparkymarka, that's not strictly true.

The veritas can be programmed to bell on tamper, although it rarely is programmed that way.
The internal speaker /sounder will activate whether or not.
It is also possible that the tamper engineer reset is programmed again this is not usually done.
Also possible the Engineers code is locked, this is certainly more commonly done.(defaulting should be a last resort just in case this option is enabled).

There are ways around this but its a very specific sequence and depends on what bell you have and how it is wired.

sparkymarka, that's not strictly true.

The veritas can be programmed to bell on tamper, although it rarely is programmed that way.
The internal speaker /sounder will activate whether or not.
It is also possible that the tamper engineer reset is programmed again this is not usually done.
Also possible the Engineers code is locked, this is certainly more commonly done.(defaulting should be a last resort just in case this option is enabled).

There are ways around this but its a very specific sequence and depends on what bell you have and how it is wired.

Thanks

Is it better i look for a new membrane just to be safe?

You have to open the keypad to disconnect it or replace the membrane, the only advantage is you are unlikely to short anything out replacing the membrane as you don't have to disconnect any cables other than unplugging the ribbon.

It would be very unlucky that the engineer has set it up as I describe but its not impossible, personally I would pen the keypad up and swap the membrane, and silnce with your user code, if that doesn't silence the alarm and you can here the keys responding then post on here.

You have to open the keypad to disconnect it or replace the membrane, the only advantage is you are unlikely to short anything out replacing the membrane as you don't have to disconnect any cables other than unplugging the ribbon.

It would be very unlucky that the engineer has set it up as I describe but its not impossible, personally I would pen the keypad up and swap the membrane, and silnce with your user code, if that doesn't silence the alarm and you can here the keys responding then post on here.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back