Texecom veritas R8 -no light on keypad after change

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

i was wondering if someone can shed some light on the issue i am having with the veritas r8 - i have the alarm and one keypad down stairs and one keypad upstairs,

i have just replaced the keypad whole unit on the downstairs area, there is power going in but keypad not lighting up, is this relating to the dip switch on the pcb board - i have the manual and the engineers code

how can i get this working.

many thanks and much appreciated

regards

Sponsored Links
Dip switches do not affect power. If the keypad is not powered up, check both keypads.

its either not wired correctly, shorted or fuse blown

keypad need to be different dip switches to the other on the system, if you replaced one, then you should have copied the dips from the old keypad

many thanks for the quick reply, the upstairs keypad is working fine except the downstairs one - this is the one that i replaced

Does the downstairs keypad work ? Can you set the alarm ? If so ….I would guess the backlights are faulty …

Sponsored Links
Check the downstairs keypad is wired correctly then.

You can swap the keypads around to see if fault follows the keypad or the location.

Check the dips are different between the two keypads

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back