changing old pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think my girlfriends pump has packed up (hot pipe as far as pump then cold thereafter).

My question is:

Looking at it it looks athough it's been there for about 20 years and the big nuts (ooer missus) look rather corroded.

I'll have a go at undoing them tomorrow, but are there any tips as to undoing them? Tapping with hammer and chisel?

Any ideas welcome.

joe

Sponsored Links
Buy some replacement nuts, and hacksaw the old ones .

Buy some replacement nuts, and hacksaw the old ones .

Oilman said:
1) Refer to manufacturer's information.

2) Refer to manufacturer's information.

3) Refer to manufacturer's information.

4) Refer to manufacturer's information.
Repeating yourself a lot tonight, Oilman

I said you were repeating yourself a lot tonight, Oilman

Sponsored Links
PaulAH said:
Oilman said:
1) Refer to manufacturer's information.

2) Refer to manufacturer's information.

3) Refer to manufacturer's information.

4) Refer to manufacturer's information.
Repeating yourself a lot tonight, Oilman

I said you were repeating yourself a lot tonight, Oilman

Er, why are you cross posting? You have far to much to do writing stickies and such like. You should stop trying to imitate the virtual equivalent of Desilu's frustrated rooster.

Nah, I think I'll give up on the stickies. No-one takes any notice of me. You can understand why.

Desilu's rooster? Trying to think... Des and Lucy... films... cartoons??

I knew you were bright enough to work it out :D

For stickies, all the stuff you could ever think of has been asked on the forum by now, and my god, is it boring YAAWWWWWNNNNNN. You needen't rewrite it, just provide links to the relevent posts. (Does anyone take any notice of anybody?). Tell you what just steal a copy of the relevant posts and publish a little book entitled "Become your own Plumber - the assertive solution for the inadequate", you could earn loads.

I found that someone had put some 22mm compression joints just below the isolating cock so I unfastened it there. Job took about 35 mins.

Cheers.

joe

joe-90 said:
I found that someone had put some 22mm compression joints just below the isolating *cock* so I unfastened it there. Job took about 35 mins.

Cheers.

joe
Was that Desilu`s :?: :rolleyes: too

Oilman said:
You needen't rewrite it, just provide links to the relevent posts.
Can't agree. Good information management is about making it easy for the reader. Although much good information lurks in dusty corners of the system, it's too often cluttered with disagreement, banter and stories about the cat. It would never make a book (that sells) in its existing form.

Everyone's problem is personal to them. The best you can do is provide carefully-written guidance on common issues, covering the most likely scenarios, and hope it reduces the number of repetitive questions.

No chance of people reading anything that might answer their problem before posting a question, that would involve effort.

The usual approach is "effit, I'll just post a question, easier than looking it up".

Why not write a book "The Art of Coarse Plumbing"? Doesn't have to be about boring plumbing, it would just be a good read.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back