Changing plans post Certificate of lawful development

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

We are building a loft conversion and have received a certificate of lawful development based on the original plans. However we now want to change 2 of the roof windows to slightly larger windows. The opening area will still be 1.7m above the floor and they will be obscure glazed, therefore I am confident meet PD requirements. I am just wondering if you need to apply for a change under PD the same way you would for a full planning application? I would imagine since you do not actually have to get a CoL at all, the answer would be 'No'. But any expert opinion would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
As you have already got an LDC for a PD development, logic suggests you go for it again.

But your experience illustrates why LDC's are only needed when there is a question of the development's actual or proposed lawfulness.

Blup

The LDC relates to the information stated on the application form and drawing(s). Any deviation from that would not be considered lawful under the current/approved LDC application. There is not an amendment process to LDC applications so you would need to go back back through it again.

As the revised changes would still in theory be considered lawful, there are not any rules to say you ‘have to’ submit a LDC application.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back