New Forum Help Changing the location of a thread

Sponsored Links
It is a plumbing query. Surely it's in the best place already? It is for mods to move threads as it would cause confusion for people to do it themselves as and when they wished.

Since moving appears to create something analogous to a symbolic link, I think it could be a useful feature to have what is actually the same topic appear to be in multiple fora.

Sponsored Links
Yes I agree. I've been using a website called Experts-exchange.com since the mid 90s (for tech questions and answers where you award points to the best answer) but they have the ability to select up to three category forums to increase the likelihood of getting good responses.

I think the only way around this is with the moderator moving them and leaving a long term redirect. This can be achieved with a Alert moderator/report, mention that it is applicable to 2 categories and it can be moved with a redirect left. I'm not sure whether people may gloss over the redirect and ignore it, but it is quite subtle compared to the old one so maybe not.

Back