Channel 5

S

Shutpa

We get Ch5 on our flat screen tv on freeview and on analogue. However, our other tvs, all of the old variety dont get 5. If I put some sort of splitter adaptor into tha aerial we had installed for the flat screen, are we likely to get 5 on the old tvs?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You might do you might not. You may find that you actually loose five from your flat screen as you will be 'diluting' the signal strength that goes to that TV by splitting it.

If you split the signal in the loft and add a powered booster/splitter up there, you will probably achieve what you want.

As nitro says, if you split the signal then it becomes weaker at each set.

Do you know what reception is generally like in your area? Do people get reception problems, or is it generally a strong signal?

I ask, because it sounds like you've had your aerial professionally installed, so it is presumably a good one, pointing properly at the transmitter. So, unless you live in a weak signal area you should be fine with a decent unpowered splitter. Maplin shops sell decent unpowered splitters for £5-10, and Argos do powered ones if that doesn't work.

Thanks for the positive replies, I wasn't aware that splitting the aerial would dilute the signal. And given that we are in a very marginal area, I will give the idea a miss for the time being.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back