Channel 7 freeview conundrum.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
My mum can't tune either of her Samsung freeview TV's into That's Surrey despite me going through the re-tuning process several times.
I've also tried after removing the aerial and then with aerial plugged back in again.
I get it okay, but she doesn't ........................ and she's only a couple of miles away in the GU2 postcode.
Any thoughts?

Thanks all.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
What says channel 8?

'That's Surrey TV' is on channel 7 on my tellies, her channel 7 just doesn't exist but she gets 'London Live' on her telly.

Is her aerial pointing at the same transmitter as yours?
I live in an area that is on the boundary between two transmitters, some of my neighbours get the London stations, others the South East stations, depending on which way the aerials are oriented.

Is her aerial pointing at the same transmitter as yours?
I live in an area that is on the boundary between two transmitters, some of my neighbours get the London stations, others the South East stations, depending on which way the aerials are oriented.

Unfortunately she lives in a flat and residents have no access to the roof where, I'm assuming, the aerial must be.
I have no idea which way it's pointing.
I'm assuming Godalming and Guildford are served by the same Freeview transmitter.

I'm assuming Godalming and Guildford are served by the same Freeview transmitter.
They could both be on the Guildford transmitter
have a look here: https://ukfree.tv/maps/freeview zoom in and click the transmitters to see the coverage areas.
It looks like both those towns are covered by several of them, whilst there are a few others that cover one town each.
If she has London Live then may be on the Crystal Palace transmitter like me. I am not 100% sure which other transmitters would carry the Lonodon stations.

They could both be on the Guildford transmitter
have a look here: https://ukfree.tv/maps/freeview zoom in and click the transmitters to see the coverage areas.
It looks like both those towns are covered by several of them, whilst there are a few others that cover one town each.
If she has London Live then may be on the Crystal Palace transmitter like me. I am not 100% sure which other transmitters would carry the Lonodon stations.

I think that's the most likely scenario.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back