Charnwood, good wishes mate.

I echo the good words and thoughts of those above, Charnwood. I hope you and yours have the best of whatever the future holds.

Sponsored Links
Always an awkward one when you hear news such as yours, I mean what do you say get well soon, good luck, you can beat it? Obviously I wish you all of those and sometimes it happens. It's one of those subjects that no one wants to talk about.

It sounds like you are ready to take it on though and to do all you can to prolong the inevitable.

My sincere wishes to you and your family through these tough times. Please keep us all up to date and long may you continue to post and reply to posts as your opinions are always valued.

I had a bit of a rough time a couple of years back (nothing life threatening thankfully) but I found this forum a great help for taking my mind off things even if only for a few minutes each day.

All the best mate :cry:

I feel sorry for you Charnwood but I don't think you feel sorry for yourself.
That's a good thing.
And remember we all have a terminal illness. It's called "life".
You might be scaling the top of the ladder but we are right behind you.

Sponsored Links
I count myself lucky,I'm 12 weeks post op for prostate cancer and have been given the all clear,I can't offer anything from what others have said,thoughts are with you and your family Charnwood.

Just to elaborate, I have a primary tumour on my liver, and umptydozen secondaries on both lungs. Neither curable. Treatment is to prolong my time on this mortal coil before I become an ex-retired-counterboy, before I go to join the choir invisibule (courtesy Python, Monty).

Chemo was on Wednesday - 8 bl**dy hours, plus a 2 hour round trip to get there.
Thursday, 5am I thought I was dying already. A one day extension was not worth yesterday's effort, I thought!

60 hours later I am getting back to normal.

Session 2 in 2 weeks time. Hope that's not so bad.

25 years ago I had to nurse my dad through something slightly worse.
He died almost 3 months to the day from when the doc said 'you've got about 3 months'.

Thanks for all the good wishes, and the praise from the mods. It is very much appreciated!
PMA all the way. The missus is being marvellous, as always but more so, and family and friends are all rallying round. No-one can do too much, bless them all!

Words seem inadequate after reading what you have to contend with. However, on a public forum, words are all we have.

I'd like to add my best wishes to those of fellow members. We will all be hoping your treatment helps you and gives you as long as possible with your loved ones.

Please keep us informed of how you are getting on with treatment. It is a blessing that you have family to help you. They can give you the strength.

Best wishes - and please keep giving your advice in the plumbing dept.

Keep fighting mate.

Ian

Mate, I don't even know you, but I empathise with what you're going through... hopefully you can be pain free and live longer than the docs suggest...

Funnily enough I agree with Norcon on this one..

"I feel sorry for you Charnwood but I don't think you feel sorry for yourself.
That's a good thing.
And remember we all have a terminal illness. It's called "life".
You might be scaling the top of the ladder but we are right behind you."

Charmers I'm very sorry to hear of this , especially in the first year of your retirement
Our thoughts go out to you and your family at this difficult time god bless you

This is not the news I expected to read on a Sunday morning, every post that has had a 'part' enquire I always new that 'Retired Shop Boy' would be along soon.

So all I can say is I hope the chemo keeps you with us and your family for as long as possible!!

Many diy'ers out there need you!!!!

All the best
Andy

Sponsored Links
Back