Cheap internal doors bowed with heat.. fix?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I had a leak yesterday in a conversion that I'm doing in my loft and have had heaters etc on over night to dry things out.

This morning I have noticed that the heat from the heater has bowed two of the doors.

They are cheap internals from howdens.

Are they likely to return to shape now that I have removed the heat source or is there something further that I can do to help?

Many thanks,

Steve.

Sponsored Links
may be a humidity imbalance so worth giving it a couple off week with ventilation to let the humidity balance out a bit

Thanks guys, feel it might be a humidity imbalance. Would I dehumidifier likely help?

Sponsored Links
Also do you suggest that I keep the doors in the closed position? As that’s how they were left over night?

thanks again.

i would just open the door if you have a closed door you will have moist air one side at perhaps 85% and 60% the other

Thanks guys will do! wgt52 thats is a great idea, thanks. Will see how they are in a day or two and rehinge if ness. Thanks alot!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back