Cheap Trimmer with a Reach for this small Tree?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any recs for a cheap trimmer to tidy this tree up? Will need a pole as it's around 8ft.

Screen Shot 2023-04-23 at 17.19.11.png

Sponsored Links
Petrol or electric?

I looked at these, but have held back as my 80 year old shoulders would not stand using one of these at height

Hyundai 52cc Long Reach Petrol Pole Hedge Trimmer/Pruner | HYPT5200X​

Eckman Lightweight 9ft 2in Long Reach Telescopic Hedge Trimmer​

Last edited:
Depends how thick the twigs or branches are. Lidl have long-reach hedge trimmers. I got the mains-powered one. Might get a chain pole-saw later. The cheaper ones have the motor and gearbox at the sharp end, making it unwieldy. Better ones have the motor at the bottom and a long drive shaft in the pole.

If you need, and can afford it, Stihl are very good.

20230415_133044.jpg20230415_133033.jpg

I got mine for £69.99 last week. It is now on offer as a special buy

Reduced to only £75 IIRC

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Would this work on the tree above or would a pole saw be better?

Is the motor at the bottom of the Lidl one?

The Makita 18 v cordless pole hedge trimmer is excellent with Stihl performance. Quite expensive, less so if you have the batteries though. Makita landscaping tools can vary in performance but the current crop are v good IMO

Blup

Would this work on the tree above or would a pole saw be better?

Is the motor at the bottom of the Lidl one?

Your pic shows twiggy and leafy stuff. The trimmer says it will cut up to 15mm. A pole saw is for branches.

My pic shows the motor of the mains trimmer at the bottom end.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back