Cheaper rate electric meter ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have day and night rate electric meter,

I'm with Seeboard and they rang me to say you would have a cheaper bill if converted back to day rate only. The reason being is the cheaper night rate mean dearer day rate :confused: so if I have day rate only it will be a lot cheaper rate instead than day rate with the night rate together.

I was assuming that on night rate, I have electric running on hot tub, swimming pool pump, 2 freezer, 2 fridge, wine cooler, outside lights & television would pay but apparently not with cheaper night rate!

They are saying the only benefit of cheaper night rate is, if you have storage heaters

According to Seeboard I'm using 20 units on days and only 5 units on nights.

I thought the idea of having 2 rate is to encouraged people to use cheap electricity off peak time.

So I would say it's pointless of having 2 rate unless you have storage heaters :confused:

A bit misleading isn't it?

Sponsored Links
masona said:
So I would say it's pointless of having 2 rate unless you have storage heaters

Pretty much the upshot, yes, this is sort of what it was designed for after all. And electric water heating.

When we had our storage heaters removed, the REC converted us to a single rate meter. Nice of them

Go steady with the hot tub heater when they do switch you over though! ;)

crafty1289 said:
They switching it over on Wed pm and reckon it's still cheaper on 1 rate meter, I thought the hot tub is no difference from emersion heater. :confused:

masona said:
crafty1289 said:
They switching it over on Wed pm and reckon it's still cheaper on 1 rate meter, I thought the hot tub is no difference from emersion heater. :confused:

not if its a 9kw one ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back