Time control for night-rate/economy 7 tariff

No, those are 4 wire meters and just switch to one register or the other, so whatever is used is either at the day rate or the night rate. They do not have any load switching capabilities.
The meter registers are changed over by the 5th terminal on the sub meters
1697192957484.png

There are either timeclocks at each apartment, or a central one which switches the storage heaters via individual contactors. Possibly in one of the grey cabinets where the modern meter is.

That metering room is not a suitable location to store items, those batteries, television, cardboard box on a shelf, the shelf itself and whatever else is in there needs to be removed.
I assume this is simply a room containing the electric intake and meters. Personally the area where my meters are has never been designated anything other than a cupboard

Sponsored Links
Check the timing statements - is the timing in BST or GMT?
That was my initial thought, but then I realised that it would bee 'the wrong way around' to explain what the OP has observed.

I think the E7 periods are nearly always specified in GMT, and remain at the same GMT times during the summer (hence cheap-rate period is one hour later in terms of BST). That's certainly the case for my E7,and other installations I know of which have E7 or similar.

Ig the OP's 00:00:-07:00 'cheap period' were (as I suspect) specified in GMT, and din't change during the year, it would currently be 01:00-08:00 BST - but the OP has seen usage increasing (presumably due to storage heaters) before 00:00 (I presume he means current clock time - i.e. BST), whereas the heaters should not be coming on until 01:00..

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back