Night time tariffs for E.on 10.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just read an old forum re tariff10/7 and found it helpful. I now understand the storage heater times. We have two storage heaters (unused except in Spring and Autumn as we have a wood fire for winter) and an immersion heater for washing up.

We also have a storage heater on a timer during the night as it is not on our night store circuit (We inherited this and it was 2 years before we found out this powerful little heater was gobbling up electricity 24/7) We use a Mira shower as there is never enough water for a decent bath.

We have one meter with three separate readings and are spending £1500 a year on electricity. I am sure we could find a better tariff.

We want to put our dishwasher and washing machine on during the cheap night rate but nobody seems to be able to tell us when that is.

Sponsored Links
night rates are only any good if you use a lot off night units
in general iff you night use is low you loose out because you pay far more for your day time units
i pay 10p a unit on a duel fuel on line with gas at around 3.5p

usualy the best deals are duel fuel on line direct debit not with your origional suppliers

I'm sure you are right...we shouldn't be on this tariff...but I still don't know when the night time rates begin and end. Has anyone any idea? We might as well run what we can in the cheap time. :)

..but I still don't know when the night time rates begin and end. Has anyone any idea?

Well E.on knows the times. And they put it on their web site.
It's hardly a well-hidden secret.

oh *yawn* it's bedtime, here ya go

http://www.eonenergy.com/FAQ/Meters/Economy-7-Details.htm

I doubt you are on Economy 10 - that has a special meter and is only really used if you have an all electric boiler that also does the heating.
This has been discontinued by most suppliers. IIRC the times were
Midnight to 5:00am
1:00pm to 4:00pm
8:00pm to 10:00 pm

Sponsored Links
Thanks TTC.

We are on E10 Energyplan 15. We have three different metre readings: Day rate @ 13.5p, Night rate @ 7.06 and Stored heat @ 7.06p. We also pay a daily standing charge of 23.36p.

Our Stored heat times are slightly different from the ones you quote but I can't find the Night rate times on E.on's web site.

We have been told our metre does not allow us to change plan, we'd have to change our metre.

What are the hours of NIGHT RATE?

Jadefish - why do you think that people on this forum are better placed to tell you what your electricity supplier's charging system is than the supplier themselves?

Because I have spent the last two weeks trying to find out from E.on and have had no success. Their standard reply is that we have a metre that won't allow us to do.....whatever, but that's not what I am asking.javascript:emoticon(':rolleyes:')

And a lot of you on line seem to be very well informed so that I can at least ask E.On the right questions.

I think I have at last found someone who will be able to sort out the best tariff for us. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back