Off peak/stored heat tariff doesn't come on

Turns out there was no fuse in the socket for the water heater element.
Sockets don't have fuses.

If you mean a plug, water heaters - if you mean an immersion heater - should not be supplied through a plug.
You should wonder why it was removed.

No one is really sure why the heaters didn't work because of a fuse in the water tank but..
If you mean another type of fuse then that is indeed a puzzle and should be investigated.

problem solved!
Perhaps not.

Still - as long as it works - nothing else matters, does it?

Sponsored Links
Unqualified landlords doing repairs to electrics in rented properties doesn't sound too clever...

It's not a socket or a plug... I don't know. It's the switch on the wall. :) It has a bit that pops out and a fuse goes in it. (Like I said, I have no knowledge!)

Landlord says he's going to get the Electrician around again any way to check everything over again and make sure nothing else has gone awry.

But yes, from my perspective, it works so I'm happy. No more day rate hot water and the heaters will work in the winter so we won't have to run an expensive oil filled radiator on day rate.

Sponsored Links
It's not a socket or a plug... I don't know. It's the switch on the wall. :) It has a bit that pops out and a fuse goes in it.

FCU
Fused Connection Unit
But it is not correct for an immersion heater or a storage heater, because they should be on a dedicated radial circuit where the correct fuse or MCB is in the CU.
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MKK1040.html
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/CB4827.html

It will be interesting to know if the landlord's tinkering has caused the storage heaters and lower immersion heater to come on at the correct timed, off-peak periods, or if they are now on 24 hours a day and costing you a fortune.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back