Cheapest chain store selling electrics

I've had it too, where you even tell the customer what to get as they have insisted on supplying the materials, and they come back with a 2 way switch instead of a 2 gang.

Had one customer who supplied the accesories. I went and first fixed and then left whilst the room was decorated etc. I came back to 2nd fix to find all the sockets screwed to the wall (not terminated) as the customer thought this would be helpful to me :rolleyes:

I am happy(ish) for the customer to supply light fittings and thats about it these days.

Sponsored Links
I am happy(ish) for the customer to supply light fittings and thats about it these days.

Yeah and then they turn up with those awful looking chandelier type fittings that take forever to build up with their dangling false crystals and would still look out of place in a gypsy's caravan!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all advice. I said I would post the result...
Well, you were right, I didn't save much, it is about as much as the initial quote, but I am happy with the outcome as I know I bought quality parts and I like the fittings.

well, I will probably need lots of cable for a new ring, quite a few sockets, a new consumer unit, fuses, junction boxes, downlights, a heat alarm ... and who knows what else
And by Sunday night you've bought the materials, had them delivered, and the electrician has installed them all, tested and certified, and you know you've had a good job done....

fishy_smell.jpg

I've done a deal with my electrician to do the work on a fixed fee and I supply all the materials. Now I am wondering what is the cheapest mainstream electrical store?
I am asking about chain stores because that should cover a larger audience but if anyone knows a better local choice near Woking that would be even better.
Thanks,
Dan

Was it your idea to supply yourself, or the electrician's? If it was your idea, you would have been better getting a price for the total job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back