Cheapish Laminate or Recoverable ClickFit style?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a question about what type of laminate/wood floor to use.

I'm renting out a property for a few more years while working out how to develop the site - I'm expecting that the lifetime will be 3-5 years, with potential that it might get through more quickly or take longer.

I need to refloor one bedroom plus a hall, about 30-35sqm, and I'm needing to select a style of laminate.

It seems that options are:

a) Lowish cost laminate, and accept that I lose it when the property goes, at £10 or less per sqm.
b) Unclic or a similar brand which can be recovered and reused, at perhaps up to £15-25 per sqm.

My question is how easy is it to reuse click-fit style laminate or eng-wood floors?

Do I have to allow for a significant loss 2nd time round when pieces break, or just the 5-8% 'offcut' loss?

Is there any advantage in going for Engineered Wood, beyond that it looks nicer?

Because the precise design isn't critical, I'm thinking that my best plan may be to wait and find a half-price clearance of option (b), but any comments would be most welcome.

Rgds + Thanks in advance

Ferdinand

Sponsored Links
try a 35% loss 15 % for wasted boards on lifting 20% for unusable cuts and re-cuts also laminate nearing the end off its life at 5 years old
1 or 2 days to remove the skirting and refix another day to repair the decoration

basicly you cannot reuse click floor to any great extent

if you sell a house with laminate laid its a fixture so cannot remove it unless you say you are removing it
in the same way a fitted wardrobe or fitted kitchen is part off the house

try a 35% loss 15 % for wasted boards on lifting 20% for unusable cuts and re-cuts also laminate nearing the end off its life at 5 years old
1 or 2 days to remove the skirting and refix another day to repair the decoration

basicly you cannot reuse click floor to any great extent

if you sell a house with laminate laid its a fixture so cannot remove it unless you say you are removing it
in the same way a fitted wardrobe or fitted kitchen is part off the house

Thanks for that. So it looks like "fit and forget".

In this case "redevelopment" means "turns into an access road".

My insurance company refuses to call a floating (ie not nailed down) laminate floor a fixture.

F

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back