Checkatrade Misleading

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone else experienced trying to leave negative feedback about a trademan on Checkatrade?

I have had 2 bad experiences with tradesmen that I have found through Checkatrade and when I tried to leave bad feedback it was impossible!

You can only leave feedback when you recomend a tradesman, but if I dont want to recomend them I cant leave any!

If you have a dispute with a trademan, they send you a form to fill out and return, which they then send to the same trademan you are having a problem with!

All the trademan on their website have been recommended so it does not give you a fare account of what they are really like!

Sponsored Links
All the trademan on their website have been recommended so it does not give you a fare account of what they are really like![/quote]

Unfortunately that's not entirely accurate. It should read:

"All the trademan on their website have paid a fee to be on the site so it does not give you a fair account of what they are really like"

Sponsored Links
All the trademan on their website have been recommended so it does not give you a fare account of what they are really like!

Unfortunately that's not entirely accurate. It should read:

"All the trademan on their website have paid a fee to be on the site so it does not give you a fair account of what they are really like"[/quote]

Yes your probably right!

i guess the non paying customer who left me a negative feed back when i was a member on there must have been some sort computer hacker genius.

What do people expect? Its as good as picking up the yellow pages really. Contractors pay to be on check a trade, if they receive negative comments then they will not get any work from there and then stop paying check a trade. Isnt that plain to see?

What do people expect? Its as good as picking up the yellow pages really. Contractors pay to be on check a trade, if they receive negative comments then they will not get any work from there and then stop paying check a trade. Isnt that plain to see?

Very Good point!

You lot need to open your eyes!!
Browse on there and you will find plenty of negative feedback.

You lot need to open your eyes!!
Browse on there and you will find plenty of negative feedback.

I got a letter from Checkatrade this morning telling me that I could not leave any negotive feedback as the work was done over 12 months ago, even though I have a 10 year guarantee!

Aye its all BS, nobody on there ever gets reviews of less than about 9.8/10, if that's a reflection of any industry as whole I'll eat my leotard!

Sponsored Links
Back