Checking when my boiler comes on

Sponsored Links
Rube Goldberg is the US equivalent of W Heath Robinson.

HR drew cartoons of very elaborate contraptions that did a very simple task, pre-dating RG (1872-1944).

His idea of a potato peeler:

HeathRobinsonCartoon.jpg

84c2_2.JPG

less than a fiver

I prefer these to digital ones

Great minds ;) I thought of connecting a lead to the boiler on terminal with a 13amp extension socket the other end and plugging one of these in. The clock would then start when the boiler came on

The mechanical ones also have the advantage of not resetting when the power goes off.

However ..... It will only show you how long the boiler has been running, not when the boiler comes on. The reason for this is that, as the house nears the desired temperature, the boiler will be switched on and off to control the temperature rise, and so will the timer.

securespark said:
C'mon Mr Hailsham, everyone has thrown in their ideas. You seem to keep discounting them on grounds of cost.

I agree there are plenty of ideas, but none of them have actually provided a workable solution. As for the cost aspect, I am only trying to satisfy my curiosity so would be hard put to justify the cost to my "financial adviser".

I am coming to the conclusion that, although the problem seems trivial, providing a solution is harder than I thought :confused:

Sponsored Links
my MFT has a voltage logger function, but I don't think that is quite the cheap soloution you were looking for :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back