Checklist for new build house ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Frustratingly my mum is still waiting on her new house to be finished. The developer (who is really a mechanic and owned the garage that was previously on the site) hasn't a clue and is basically lurching from one delay to another. It's been "I'll be able to tell you in a couple of weeks" for at least 6 months now :sick: Her buyers are (understandingly) getting frustrated and are at the point of demanding a completion date be set.

Last thing the developer told me was that he has the sound insulation and air pressure tests booked - and then he just had to have everything signed off by building control and the warranty company. I've since heard that while both those were passed, he's been caught out by needing a pressure test on the drains that he didn't know was needed - hope there's no problem as all the surfacing (paving slabs for pedestrians, block paving for the driveways) was finished some time ago.

Does anyone know if there's a list of all the tests, documents, etc needed so I can go along and ask him have you done ..., have your done ..., ...". It would be nice to have some confidence that in another week we won't be having another conversation where he tells us about yet another delay for a test or bit of documentation he had no idea about :rolleyes:

Also, does anyone know how long it takes from the last inspections to being able to actually hand over the house ?

We're really trying to get a feel for how long it might actually be. The house is finished (apart from all the faults I'll be flagging up :whistle:), just seems to be inspections and paperwork left.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back