Cheeky sod - Sky

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sky flooding my home address with regular cards and mail, addressed to someone who is no longer at this address - trying to temp them to resubscribe. I numerous times wrote on them 'not at this address - return to sender' and put them back in the post.

Fed up with diverting via a post box, to do this, I rang the number on the latest card that arrived this morning and invited them to stop sending their rubbish. It took them a while to work out how to remove my address from their mailing list, so obviously they don't do it often, fair enough, but then.....

The person I was speaking to tried to tear me off a strip for bothering them. He said what I do is just write on the item 'not at this address, etc', I said that I have tried many times, he then said I should just put the unwanted mail in the bin, like any other unwanted item - cheeky sod and I told him so. Unbelievable comment to make, from a customer facing person. His proper response should have been thank you for letting us know and saving us wasted money on mail shots.

Once they have your address, they really don't like letting go...

Sponsored Links
A gentleman in Kettering walked in to a Vodaphone shop and walked out with a phone and my email address, now I am getting his emails despite informing them many times of the error.

A gentleman in Kettering walked in to a Vodaphone shop and walked out with a phone and my email address, now I am getting his emails despite informing them many times of the error.

When my first partner passed away several years ago, I had a fair bit of such postal sales mail to stop. Just writing on the item 'return to sender - addressee deceased' worked without fail.

Do not reply to this email it is not monitored - Click here instead, doesnt help Harry.

Sponsored Links
I had something similar happen - although forget exactly what. But when I contacted somebody to tell them to stop sending these letters, they just then tried to sell it to me on the phone.
They probably don't care who lives there, so long as they have the address on their database they can keep sending the mails and there's a chance the homeowner will eventually cave in.

They probably don't care who lives there, so long as they have the address on their database they can keep sending the mails and there's a chance the homeowner will eventually cave in.

Not me, if they fail to take heed, I will send the a bill for dealing with the rubbish they insist on sending to my address.

Save all your junk mail up, put it in the first pre-paid envelope you get and send it on.

unsubscribe

Previous occupant of my home, liked to read share prospectuses and annual reports. I regularly get big fat A4 envelopes with the glossy statements in. They go straight in the recycling..

I think you can use https://www.mpsonline.org.uk
to reduce the junk

how do you know your’e getting his emails if you can’t log in? just curious.
The very first email included details of his name, the phone, phone plan, phone number, name of shop and so on so I rang the number and explained what was showing in the email. He said the shop had set up the email address because he didnt have one at the time and he would get it sorted. Maybe he did but I KEEP on getting offers type emails.

When bombarded with unwanted mails with a Postage Paid envelope for his reply a friend stuffed the reply envelope with paper to make it heavier than the postage paid maximum and posted it. They soon stopped coming. He may even have used sheet material heavier than paper.

You can stick the prepaid envelope onto a box full of rubble and dump it at the post office.
Just leave it there.
They'll deliver it and charge them a fortune.

Sponsored Links
Back