FAO Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Re posting of email addresses...

You are not allowed to post email / addresses (see 14a).

Do you mean we cant post our own e mail addies or web sites....or post links to web sites that may be specific to a question on a thread i.e "check this out ....www.whatever.com it will help you find the correct paint your looking for"

As we are allowed to add e mail addies or a web site to our profile is it ok to refer someone to it in order to send them more relevant info..or help them out in another way.

I recently offered help to someone who wanted to know how to paper a ceiling.....obviously I couldnt go into all the ins and outs of it on here.....so...rather than post my e mail addy on the thread page, I refered them to my profile to pick it up there.....the offer was also extended to anyone else who wanted help on this subject.

I wasnt advertising my company...I dont have one

I wasnt selling the info

I wasnt self promoting

I wasnt doing it with the view of securing work (I dont decorate anymore)

Was this ok?.....I did mention on the thread about it hopefully not being out of order with the rules.....

I beleive this also encourages other members to 'talk' and swap good practice.

There is a mention on the rules and regs (14a) about not posting email addies because it can lead to receiving unwanted spam...good point, but is this refering to e mail addies on a message thread only? or does it also refer to our profile?...because if we cannot refer people over to our profile in order to put them in touch...is there any point in a profile page?

The reason I ask....apart from clearing up a grey ish area is I want some very detailed info from another contributer....something that wont really be of much interest to most people on here...and I dont think clogging the message board with irrelevant info is a good thing really is it.

Thanks....Zampa

Sponsored Links
Hello Zampa, you mean this post

Nothing wrong at all, that is what your profile is for.

So long as no one says for example. "Want to get this product /service cheap, see my profile" (and the like) now that would be advertising, but no, your post was fine :)

OK great, thanks for clearing that one up mods.....hopefully I can now get the rest of the info I need to make crack cocaine:cool:
__________________________________-

The question has been answered, I am now locking the post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back