Chemical DPC render drying times

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About a month ago I installed a chemical DPC in a room and this week have just had the walls rendered with sand, cement + waterproofer and the whole room re-skimmed.

I've been told that the area that has the render on cannot be repainted for 6 months as the render has to breathe. Is this the case and is there any way of speeding up this?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
When I had mine done I was told it could not be wallpapered for 6 months as it needs to breathe and dry out. I was allowed to paint it (with matt paint) three of four weeks after it had been done.

You would be better to stick to the recommendation of the manufacturer of the DPC,and not paint the rendered area for 6 mths.because if you don't,and there's a problem,then your guarantee might become null and void.I would leave it just in case.

Roughcaster.

Out of interest, what was the original problem that the chemical injection was supposed to cure?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back