Chernobyl

Sponsored Links
My grandad told me to watch this series. He said it's the best docu/drama he's ever seen, and when a 90 year old tell you something's the best, you take notice (he was also in nuclear warning and monitoring during the cold war). He wasn't wrong, it is an exceptionally well-produced show.

"We're still wearing the f***ing hats.":LOL:
KH-MUZZ-CHERNOBYL-1V2.jpg

Mmm wish my grandpops was about still he would of loved this too, he was involved in Nuclear fuel development in the late 70s. Yes it's a fkin brill series, shame only two left in the current series concluding next Tuesday.
Last weeks continued to be fascinating and so well made. The effects of acute radiation sickness on those men omfg, i have no doubt they depicted this horrific death very close to how it happened.
And the miners, more brave men, their sense of honour and community was humbling, their leader knew exactly what he was getting into right down to the levels they were exposed to outside the tunnel which ironically which is what ended up killing some of them (i think 1 in 4 died) and the sad twist was the radioactive mass never breached the concrete floor so what they accomplished wasn't required in the end. :(

I will be interested to see if they talk more about how it all fcked up, if i recollect one of the deciding factors was to do with the design of the rods within the graphite silos. As they retracted the rush of cooling liquid caused a spike in fission activity raising the temps, with an already unstable temperature some of the rods began to melt and jammed stopping the rest from retracting back into the graphite silos, which of course is most unwelcome when you are already in oh so very deep sh1t.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
If anyone is interested there's a podcast accompanying each episode they are on YouTube and Spotify.

Back