Childproofing Modern Multi Fuel Fireplace

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a multifuel fireplace in our livingroom

With the stone and fireplace its about a total of 1.2metres. then the flue and that whole area is open.

We have a very interfeering 2 year old who loves to climb and our problem with getting a stairgate type fire guard is he can climb over that and i wouldn't want him to climb that and then fall into the fireplace because of that.

There is a cage type fire place but with the flue area being open it would go so high and not fix right to the back wall so there would be the chance he could climb over the top and land directly ontop of the fire.

I am beginnig to wonder its safer to leave the fire with nothing because if i do put somethign there then it might attract him to it more. So far he's been fine with it. We tend to have it on more at night when there in bed

Can anyone suggest anything? I'll try and get a picture up to show you the fireplace

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back