Children's play area 'crawl-through'?

The reason I prefer something with a flange, is twofold. First, it keeps its shape better, second, it allows me to connect it to an opening really easily. With the pipes suggested here they're fine if buried, not so great if I want to suspend them in the air, and get a really secure connection to the side of some structure.

Sponsored Links
If it's going to be in the air, build it out of plywood imo. (over a timber frame)

There's a treehouse I know of in a community woodland, it has a hatch in the floor and a "secret" escape/entrance tunnel made out of ply, it's strong enough to take a 16 stone adult who should know better :whistle:

If it's going to be in the air, build it out of plywood imo. (over a timber frame)

There's a treehouse I know of in a community woodland, it has a hatch in the floor and a "secret" escape/entrance tunnel made out of ply, it's strong enough to take a 16 stone adult who should know better :whistle:

Yes I'm beginning to think this is going to be the cheapest option, even if I have to think hard about the aesthetics.

Good question. It's going to be about 2ft above ground, connecting two 'buildings'. The main reason to put it above ground is to avoid any possibility of it filling with water or other cr*p, though it probably will anyway with muddy shoes in winter etc...

To prevent any pooling of water you simply need to set it a few degrees off horizontal. If it gets clumps of mud, grass etc inside then you can simply hose it out and allow it to drain off.

Sponsored Links
I wonder what he did here and if he ever thought of a couple of water butts joined together, assuming it was supported obviously.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back