Chimeny pot size ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to get a cowl put on the chimney pot - but what size is the pot ?

Our house is a 1950s with a single chimney to the lounge - it's a brick built stack about 6 ft up from the eves. The pot is only a very short stubby thing - 6-9 inches, you can hardly see it from the ground. What size is it likely to be ? Most cowls seem to be ok up to 12ins (300mm).

thanks

Sponsored Links
Why do you want a cowl? Take a look out the window at all the cowl-less chimneys.

Why do you want a cowl? Take a look out the window at all the cowl-less chimneys.
look @ Corrie at the start- no cowls - loads of crown pots , I had one on last house ( got it @ an auction ;) )

Sponsored Links
Sorry guys - didn't lg in for a couple of days.

Anyway, we do have an open fire - we opened up the fireplace a couple years ago, chimney swept and checked, including a certificate, Joe !!

We find that when it's a bit windy we get smoke blowing down into the room. I don't want to put anymore terracotta weight up there so a light metal cowl is the answer.

Any chance of answering my original question - what size is the pot ?

Nige F?

117295226_Nigel_Far_359869c.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back