Chimney Damage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The back of my chimney protrudes into the kitchen, (there is no chimney breast in the living room it flat against the wall)

I had the kitchen stripped & re-plastered I noticed one corner of the chimney was quite poor. The previous owner had a wall removed to make the kitchen larger, the wall was part of this corner originally

It looks like they have just knocked out the wall and made good the damage with cement and bits of brick,

the chimeny is wider on the ground floor so I presume its double bricked, and the floor beams are on the top?

I owned the property for 15+ years and its never caused a problem

should I be concerned?

Sponsored Links
Any chance of a few images?

if it has "held together" for 15 Years, it should not be all that serious????????

Ken

Any chance of a few images?

if it has "held together" for 15 Years, it should not be all that serious????????

Ken
I will add some, but its been re-plastered so the brickwork cannot be seen

Nothing has been removed from the chimney, but it looks like they have damaged the one corner removing the wall in the kitchen

it didn't look like it had been cut with a disc cutter or it was just very poorly built originally (ex-council)!

Last edited:
According to the neighbour they all had them done around the same time 1999-02 and all done DIY!

Should people be knocking out wallls DIY?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back