Chimney Damp Issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

As somebody who’s completely uneducated in this particular problem I’d appreciate some support. Cheers in advance.

Having a damp problem in two upstairs rooms either side of our chimney. (Pictures) Nothing downstairs.

Has seemed to seasonally come and go as rain is more consistent but unsure without ever fully going away.

We have a log burner downstairs with the other 3 chimneys capped (which we thought had fixed the problem).

The room you see has had the walls skimmed although the other room (which isn’t as bad) hasn’t.

There are vents in both rooms although admittedly they’re covered by chests of drawers (not sure if this means anything).

Sorry for the essay. Any advise you can give would be great. Would prefer to start with things I can do myself but understand professional help might be required.

Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_2016.jpeg
    IMG_2016.jpeg
    169.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2013.jpeg
    IMG_2013.jpeg
    114.8 KB · Views: 36
Sponsored Links
Is this post a pi$$ take, because the stain pattern in both those pic's is identical.... :oops:

:mrgreen:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back