Chimney Flashing to Pantiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Going to be attempting to flash chimney this week on to shire pantile .have found lots of useful info for flashing slate an flat tiles but very little on profiled tiles.
this is going to b e my first attempt flashing pantiles have done my slate roof a fair few years ago and that seemed so much easier .
anyone know a good site for info on flashing pantile or any tips about what not to do.
the ridge tile dry fixed so is it better to flash under the ridge tile and cement the tile to the flashing or take the flashing over the ridge tile.
from what i've read you need the side flashing to cover one full tile due to the nail hole being in the vally bottom .
thanks for you time:)

Sponsored Links
If the chimney back gutter (fitted last) is as close to the ridge as you say then it will need to go under the ridge tile.

The side flashing (fitted second), vertical element should be stepped and chased into the brickwork with a 150mm rise whilst the horizontal element should cover the tile profile so that it finishes on a down slope. 150mm is usually enough. 300mm wide code 4 lead is ideal.

The front apron (fitted first) should cover 100-150mm of tile head and travel up the chimney sides and vertically up the face of the chimney by about 150mm also.

Thanks for the help its much appreciated .
the back of the chimney just crests the ridgeline so will be able to put an apron on it like the low side. luckily as i don't like the idea of fiddling about installing a back gutter .
think placing the lead under the ridge then cementing will be easier to fit aswell .
thank you for clearing up about the side lap as i thought covering a whole tile width in lead just to be sure the nail hole would be excessive, and confirmation that 300mm lead will be fine has put my mind at ease.
thanks again.

just spent day fitting rooflights and cutting the pantiles for has not been fun ,not made any easier with instuctions that don't tell how to fit all the materials included in the box .( after couple hours head scratching it becomes blatantly obvious where the go .doh:) .
thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back