Chimney in kitchen.. what to do with it?

• Thread starter Deleted member 281264
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 281264

So I want to run a long run of kitchen cabinets along the wall where the chimney is and a metre or so into the new extended area but not sure how to tackle it

As you can see in the plan there is the chimney breast and then where old meets new cavity wall there is a slight protrusion and I want the kitchen running along all of these different points

Of course I could remove the chimney but that is messy and costly and there is only 10cm of difference between the chimney breast and the new cavity wall. I don't want to build a kitchen around the chimney breast either and fit a cooker inside but rather hide the chimney breast

Any suggestions much appreciated:D

Sponsored Links
Fill in the difference. Put in stud wall with sound insulation to next door.
As putting up cabinets consider where they will be hanging from and ensure there is wood in stud wall where you will put their screws into.

Last edited:
Fill in the difference. Put in stud wall with sound insulation to next door.
As putting up cabinets consider where they will be hanging from and ensure there is wood in stud wall where you will put their screws into.
That's something we tend to a lot of in kitchen zones...

Sponsored Links
I would probably fill in the one near the corner, then make use of the one on the extension end (with a deeper worktop) to sit toaster / coffee machine / etc. As the extension protrusion is not the same as the chimney it will look odd if you infill it IMO

Why not just open up the front of the chimney breast to ceiling and push the cooker back into it? That's quite common to do and the stub walls either side of the cooker just form the ends of a run of cupboards.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back