Chimney problem-HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just had 3 open fires reinstated in my house they are all on separate chimney stacks and the other fireplaces that share each stack are all capped off and not used.
One is fine but I've a problem with the other two. Some smoke is leaking in to the bedrooms above them through the fireplaces (whose chimneys are capped on the stack) in the bedrooms above them.(Smoke must be passing from one fireplaces chimney to the other). If it is really windy the draw is increased and no leak occurs from one bedroom and the other is one is improved.
Is it possible to increase the draw with taller pots? - which should solve the problem
Or would I be better just having the chimneys opened which are not used(where there is a leak) and pots put on the stack so any leaks are just drawn through that chimney.
Please help.
Thankyou

Sponsored Links
Have a read here smoking fireplace

fig10.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back