chimney with air bricks and and metal terminal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There

A little mouse made its way into our bedroom yesterday and I was wondering if it could have come in through the victorian chimney.

What I find strange is that the chimney has a metal terminal type chimney pot like the one below and it also has air bricks just below the metal chimney pot. Surely the metal terminal would have been sufficient for air flow?
The fireplace is unused btw and is just a hole.

As mentioned I suspect the mouse may have come in through the chimney air brick, does anyone know how to block the air brick without restricting air flow?
Would I need mesh? or replacing the brick?

Sponsored Links
What I find strange is that the chimney has a metal terminal type chimney pot like the one below and it also has air bricks just below the metal chimney pot. Surely the metal terminal would have been sufficient for air flow?

I think it very unlikely that a mouse would climb a vertical high wall, to gain access via an air vent. More likely, it will have a different route in.

I think it very unlikely that a mouse would climb a vertical high wall, to gain access via an air vent. More likely, it will have a different route in.

Thanks. You may be right. I guess a mouse has many options when it comes to entering a house.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back