Chipped/uneven plaster overboarding with plasterboard, etc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone, the attached image shows where a stud wall was previously attached, the area to the right is to be our new downstairs cloakroom, the area to the left is the hallway/entrance porch.

The plaster on the wall to the right isn't particularly level, because of this and because I'm hoping to tile the new cloakroom, I'm wondering whether I should overboard this wall with plasterboard to ensure a nice level finish.

What I'd like to know is, am I best off overboarding the old plaster or should I chip all of the old plaster from this wall and attach the plasterboard to the bare blockwork. I'm guessing I should use battens of some sort, if so what size and does the blockwork need to be sealed or any sort of plastic sheeting be used? Alternatively am I best off just having the whole wall replastered?

I appreciate how much dust will be involved in chipping the plaster off, the house looked like Silent Hill when I removed the old plasterboard (quite carefully too) from the old studwork :LOL: so I'd be sealing up the cloakroom area, opening the little window, and buying some sort of dust mask before I get to work with hammer and chisel :p .

Sponsored Links
I would remove it and reboard with board adhesive I wouldnt board ontop of that because it would come to far over your door frame from what I can see

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back