Choice of inhibitor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is the much difference in the different central heating inhibitors on the market? Bought one from a plumbers merchants called instinct 100 it says its made by scalemaster.

Sponsored Links
This particular installer wouldn't use it on his customers.

Fernox every time. It will be double the money, but pay the price, do the job properly. Many other pros on here would agree. Hope our customers appreciate it.

If your installer is using this stuff, you can be assured that everything fitted will be the cheapest option they can buy, apart from the boiler because they told you which one you were getting. TRVs, controls, fittings, radiators, Zilmet expansion vessels; it will all be the cheapest stuff the merchant can offer.

PS: My supplier switched a Little Giant condensate lifter I'd ordered last year for an Instinct branded one on a boiler installation. Lasted all of 12hrs, had to go back the day after and change it out for the one I'd ordered.

Sponsored Links
Buy something decent that's properly tested and approved - is it really worth skimping £10 when you're trying to protect a system worth several thousand pounds? Make sure you're putting enough in as well - one bottle isn't always enough, and too much is always better than too little

Just abit concerned as I won't be fully draining the system down. I am not sure if any inhibitor is in the system already and worried. about mixing inhibitors

if its build cert approved then its meets a set standard and has chemicals in that will work. you can get x100 for around 11-12 squid so i tend to use this normally, for cheaper jobs i can get plumbs own build cert approved for 3 squid a bottle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back