Choosing the correct boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone, i'm new to this site and although I am in the building trade I am not a heating engineer. I could do with some help/ideas with my central heating in my house and future boiler change. When we moved into our house 12 months ago we had 8 & 10mm microbore for all the rads, I have since ripped all of this out and replaced with 22 & 15 throughout and changed all the rads for new inc trv's.
What I would like to know is what size/model boiler I need to replace as this was the one thing I didn't replace at the time as it is still working. I have at present a working 11 year old Vaillant 828e Turbomax combi, the house is around 1300 sq feet with 13 rads, 2 cloakrooms, one ensuite, one bathroom, one utility. 6 sinks in all, 2 showers, one medium bath.
On the Vaillant site, it says I need a ecotec 838 exclusive or 838 plus, if I was to keep it a combi. But the little research I have done suggests that a Vaillant 937 storage combi would probably be better, what do you lot think?? I know that the perfect plan would be to change to a system boiler with megaflo or equiv but I would prefer for a straight forward swap over if possible and not the added expense of a pressurised cylinder. I just think that the boiler installed at present is underpowered and not very efficient, am I right in thinking that??
Sorry for the essay, love any ideas/help.

Darren

Sponsored Links
I have not had any installers round yet. I wanted to know what heating engineers on here advised first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back