Choosing the right boiler and fair cost to supply and fit.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Worcester 24I has packed in after 10 years excellent service.
Two plumbers have advised that I shouldn't waste my money trying to repair it as there seems to be a few faults so reluctantly my savings are having to go on buying a new boiler.
I am inclined to invest in another Worcester as I had no problems during the 10 years until now but I am not sure whether I need a larger boiler as one plumber suggested.
I live in a three bed terraced house with three downstairs radiators ( gas fire only in main lounge )
One in kitchen
One in dining room
ONE in hall
UPSTAIRS FOUR RADIATORS
ONE in BATHROOM
ONE on landing
ONE in two bedrooms
SECOND Floor loft conversion x 2
TOTAL OF NINE
There is a small bathroom in loft with a shower that runs off the boiler ( as does main bathroom )
The water pressure has never been too great will a larger boiler help that also the RADIATORS in the loft have never got very hot despite attempts at bleeding them.
Would a larger boiler improve this.
I am happy to buy a larger boiler if these issues improve but otherwise is there any point ?
I would like to know what a fair quote would be to remove existing combi and replace with a new boiler.
Any information gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
24kW is more than plenty.

Budget?

How long is hte piece of string.

Is the gas pipe the rigth size?

Is there a drain pipe near the boiler?

WB are over rated plastic tat.

Our order of preference:

Intergas
Atag
Vaillant

Atag are big and ugly so unless it is in a utility room or garage forget them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back