CHOPSAW STOP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a chopsaw mounted onto a workbench and would like to make an adjustable stop with a measuring rule to enable me to cut lengths of wood to different sizes.

Any ideas how to go about this, or where I could purchase one of these.

Sponsored Links
Try the Axminster website lot of materials there for constructing your own. Also watch the New Yankee Workshop on on Discovery Real Time (if you have cable or sky) this topic has been covered a number of times

depends on what lengths you need to cut
you can for example you can take a length of 2by one with a block of wood on top attached on top clamped into place on the work bench

you adjust it by releasing the clamp moving the block or the batton

other method i have dw 742 i use a bit of 15mm copper pipe secured in one of the extension table holes the adjustment is a piece of 2x1" 6 inches long drill a 16mm hole at one end then cut a slot 60% of the length of the wood [through the hole]
you can now either use a mastic clamp wing nut and bolt or a wood screw at the outer end of the slot to tighten at the desired point

Sponsored Links
I made my chop saw extension from 18mm plywood with a back fence set in line with the saw fence and a base height exactly level with the saws base.
I use a temporary stop with a small piece of hardwood with a screw for fine adjustment which is held in place with a small G clamp.
Rutlands sell self adhesive right to left and left to right tape measures that can be stuck on the back fence as well as adjustable stops which can be used on home made saw stations.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back